Okay, so you created your game. Now what? How do you package it up and deploy
it so other people can play it? Sadly, this can be a pretty confusing topic-
especially after the recent changes in how Java works on the internet. The
official Oracle tutorials can be pretty convoluted, so this is my attempt at
explaining things in a way that everybody can understand.
Depending on who you are, you might care about different parts of this
- History: This is geared towards anybody curious about why Java deployment works the way it does.
- Security Settings: This is geared towards end users (players), and it shows you how to change your settings to make games work. Note that it's probably not a good idea to rely on your users to change settings just to run your game!
- Exporting Processing: This is for Processing developers who want to convert their sketch into something other people can run.
- Combining Jars: One of the easiest ways to deploy Java is to simply create a runnable jar.
- Packaged Executables: these look and feel like native applications.
Next: A Brief History